ssh

Hey,
I have recently installed ssh but am having some problems.  I can ssh from
computer2 to my server but can not ssh back the other way, server to
computer2.  I get the following when using ssh -v

OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 Debian-8.sarge.4, OpenSSL 0.9.7e 25 Oct 2004
debug1: Connecting to computer2 [192.168.1.2] port 22.
debug1: connect to address 192.168.1.2 port 22: Connection refused
ssh: connect to host computer2 port 22: Connection refused

I have read the docs and I am pretty sure everything is as it should be. I am wondering if
someone might give me a clue as to what the problem might be or be able to
point me in the right direction.
Thanks for any type of help,
Clyde