Wobblies installing 3.1a on LanParty NF4

Most of these might be generic sarge install issues. This is the first
sarge I've installed from scratch. I looked in bugs.debian.org, but
couldn't find anything that seemed germain. The last is specific to the
kernel. I used the netinst CD. LanParty NF4 Ultra-D nforce4 mobo.

1) LILO and GRUB fail to install if you configure a /boot partition.
It looks like it tries to mount /boot, which is already mounted and
fails.

2) LILO installed incorrectly. It sets the image to /vmlinuz, but
doesn't create the symlink. It also fails to set the  initrd option
in the lilo.conf file.

3) The mouse is unstable and prints hundeds of
kernel: psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.
 when running vmlinuz-2.6.8-11-amd64-k8. It's fine with
vmlinuz-2.6.8-11-amd64-generic. I diff'ed the configs and nothing
jumps out.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill@AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571