Re: server hangs :/

Lennart Sorensen said on Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 09:31:04AM -0400,:

 > That seems to mention loosing timer ticks.  That is not good.

Does the  OP have support  for the hardware  clock in the  kernel?? He
said that he has a custom kernel; so there might be a problm there?

I used to get message about losing clock ticks, (both at boot time and
while burning  cds) on my brand new  m/c till I realised  that rtc (or
whatever module is required to  run the realtime clock) is not getting
loaded.

 grep -i rtc /boot/config-`uname -r` should show either

 CONFIG_RTC=y

 or

 CONFIG_RTC=m

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Free software is the only field where a person can go