nfs and hsm

Hello,

We have noted a difference between 2.6.11-9-em64t-p4-smp  and
2.6.8-11-em64t-p4-smp  when accessing via nfs our HSM (EMC/Legato
DiskXtender SM 2.9).  2.6.8 behaves normally,  i.e. if a file is on tape it
waits until the file is restored then continues processing the file.  2.6.11
triggers the staging of the file,  but never continues,  but waits
indefinitely (well at least 10 days!) although access from other clients
shows that the file has been staged.  Any suggestions?  Does anyone know if
anything was changed with the nfs code for 2.6.11 that might cause this?

Adrian

Dr T A Carpenter
Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre
University of Cambridge