Re: graphics cards

On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 11:23:03AM +0100, A J Stiles wrote:
> Does anyone have a list of graphics cards known to work with purely Open
> Source drivers in 64 bit mode?
>
> I do *not* mean NVidia's drivers which include a closed-source binary portion
> {though there is the open source nv driver -- is that any good?}  I mean an
> actual, really-open-source driver that meets DFSG.

Well the nv driver in XFree86 supports many nvidia cards, but only with
2D, which of course doesn't mean it doesn't work, just no 3D support.

I think the newest 3D card with open source drivers for it might be the
radeon 9200.  All newer radeon cards I believe require the ati binary
drives, and even then many of the cards are not supported by those
drivers either (good luck with any new ati mobile chip).