Re: cdrdao package for k3b

Tony,
  Thanks for the info.  Can you give me directions or point me to a site that will tell me how to setup a i386 chroot.  Sorry, I'm still a little green behind the ears.

Cheers,
Ross

On 6/21/05, tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org> wrote:
Ross Urban wrote:
> From: *Ross Urban* <ross.urban@gmail.com <mailto:ross.urban@gmail.com>>
> Date: Jun 21, 2005 2:03 AM
> Subject: cdrdao package for k3b
> To: debian-amd64-request@lists.debian.org
> <mailto: debian-amd64-request@lists.debian.org>
>
> Hello all,
>   I just installed K3b and when i run it, a dialog tells me that i need
> the cdrdao package to be installed.  It didn't come up on the mirror
> that I have in my sources.list file and I cannot find it in the
> archives.  Is this package available (or one that is compatible) on the
> x86_64 architecture?  Is there an alternative for burning cd/dvd's? Or
> can I burn without this package and not screw up my drive?  Thank you
> for your help.

Ross,

cdrdao is part of Debian, but there is a problem with the current version
of the source package in the archive that prevents it from building on
amd64.  There is a patch available in the BTS.  If you have an i386 chroot
on your system, you can use that to quickly fetch the source, and then
apply the patch and build in x86_64 space.  Here's what I did to build it:

(chroot)$ apt-get source cdrdao
(chroot)$ exit
$ cd cdrdao-1.1.9
$ wget -q -O - 'http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/cdrdao-1.1.9-3.0.0.1.amd64.patch?bug=249642&msg=10&att=1 ' | patch -p0
$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc
$ sudo dpkg -i ../cdrdao_1.1.9-3_amd64.deb

Cheers,
tony