Re: notebook choice advice...

Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Certainly based on my past experience, if you run linux and want it to
> work, you always pick nvidia over ati for graphics.

My experience has been that Intel graphics is much better supported
than either.  A pity you can't get an AMD machine with Intel graphics
and wireless cards :-(  The older Radeons are much better supported
than the newer ones, though: up to the Radeon 9200 / X300 you get 3D
acceleration with the Free drivers.  Suspend/resume is supported too,
without any special kernel patches.  I've never had much luck with
Nvidia's proprietary drivers, but all of my Nvidia cards have been old
(TNT2, Geforce 2MX) and it sounds like they've improved a heck of a lot
since then.

Cameron.  (Not a gamer :-)