Clock problems

Durring the install I responded yes when asked if my clock was set to
GMT, when it is not.  I am trying to get the clock to report the
correct hour but am not having any luck.  I have my time zone set
correctly, and have edited /etc/default/rcS and set UTC=no, didn't
help at all.  I can change the time, but on startup it reverts back to
the incorrect time.

Every time I try to use hwclock I get this error:
hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or directory.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.

Anyone have any ideas?  Odly enough if I change my clock preferences
to use UTC then it displays the "correct" time.

-Thanks, John