Re: VIA K8T800 / VIA 8237 mainboard

Kyuu Eturautti wrote:
> I remember rebooting these several times during setup, but I haven't
> touched them much since. I remember rebooting one of them a few times
> while testing several kernel settings. As usual, ran into some problems
> with cpufreq/powernow (only fery few systems have worked nicely with
> these on, problems arise with very high loads). If you want, I can
> probably arrange for reboot tests on monday, but if memory serves, I
> haven't had any issues with rebooting so far. My kernel hasn't been that
> new though.

If you can confirm that reboot works with any Linux kernel version at
all, that would be a big help.  Then I could go about finding the point
where things got broken.

In addition to Debian amd64, I've tried various 32-bit and 64-bit Ubuntu
live CD's, and all combinations of the "reboot" kernel runtime option
(e.g. force), but I still haven't found anything that can reboot
successfully.

--John