Re: Asus A8N-SLI wrong voltage values from sensors

On 5/28/05, Wolfgang Mader <Wolfgang_Mader@gmx.de> wrote:
> I own an A8N-SLI board. If I check its status with sensors I get the
> following:

> +3.3V:     +6.62 V  (min =  +3.14 V, max =  +3.46 V)   ALARM
> -12V:      -4.90 V  (min = -12.63 V, max = -11.41 V)   ALARM
> -5V:      -13.64 V  (min =  -5.26 V, max =  -4.77 V)   ALARM

It looks like the 3.3V value is only half of what is "measured", and
-12V and -5V are swapped.

> Do I have to be worried about this.

No. It is impossible to interpret the sensor readings without
knowledge about how they are wired up. Since motherboard manufacturer
typically do not release that information, lm-sensors relies on best
guesses for known systems. They are often way of for unknown systems.

> My system runns stable and in bios every parameter is in range.

That is the important aspect. The BIOS is modified by the motherboard
manufacturer, so it can interpret the sensors correctly. If your
readings where correct, the system would already be up in smoke :-)

> Do I have to spend time on this and if yes where to start?

You can tweak /etc/sensors.conf until the readings are similar to the
BIOS values. But I would first ask with the lm-sensors project whether
someone has already done that for your motherboard.

Thomas