Re: Success with Acrobat Reader 7.0 (tweaking module pathes)

Well I tried to get Acrobat 7 working multiple times without success,
therefore I'm happy to see that I'm not the onliest who needs the real "Adobe Acrobat Reader" application.

With your cool description I get the reader now loaded/started, but get a small "Adobe Reader" MessageBox with a warning: "There was an error while loading the plug-in 'PPKLite.api'. The plug-in failed to initialize."

That don't seem to harm because the reader starts successful after that MSG,
but when I try to open any kind of PDF, it automatically closes with a remaining MSG: "(acroread:7941): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader: Bildlader-Modul konnte nicht geladen werden: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/loaders/libpixbufloader-xpm.so: cannot open shared object file: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden"

I checked the existence of "libpixbufloader-xpm.so" and I found it in lib32 as well as in lib64.

Any suggestions ?

Beside that, is there a chance to get the pdf mozilla plugin working or is that impossible at all (as long as there's no real AMD64 port) ?

Kind regards

   Jörg