Re: dvd::rip doesn't find tools

On 5/18/05, antongiulio <antongiulio@email.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed dvd:rip and needed tools, but when I launch it, dvd::rip shows a window with list of "failed" dipendencies. In "preferences" windows instead, I got all "OKs". Versions of tools seem ok. Is it a bug of package or my error on configuration?

When you run the problematic version of dvd::rip from a terminal,
you'll notice that it prints a warning about not being able to load
libdl.so.

It seems that this is caused by whatever nasty hackery dvd::rip does
to work around some supposed NPTL bugs in transcode. Go to the Misc
Options tab of dvd::rip's preferences and turn that sillyness off.

--
Will Dyson