Re: remote display not working

On Mon, May 16, 2005 at 10:35:55AM +0100, DR GAVIN SEDDON wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to run software on a machine at work, remotely from my debian
> box here.  I 'xhost +remote.machine.name'
> ssh onto the remote box.  On this it is tcsh.  Once logged on I
> 'setenv DISPLAY 192.168.0.3:0.0' which is my ip.
> It will still not start the application display.  I am told
> 'Application initialization failed: couldn't connect to display
> "192.168.0.3:0.0"'.

Are you sure you set X11Forwarding yes in /etc/ssh/sshd_config on the
server machine? (this is off by default after a fresh debian install)
And from the client you connect with ssh -X hostname to enable X
forwarding on the client side?

The ssh should take care of that automatically, so no manual setting of
DISPLAY is needed.

Jozsef