Re: Debian AMD64 Archive Move

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 05:44:29PM +0100, Rafael Rodr?guez wrote:
> I don't know why some of you are making all that noise... if I have
> understood correctly, non-free will be made available after sarge release
> (which is supposed to happen within 3 or 4 weeks)... so... why bother the
> developers instead of thaking them for all the work they've already made?

If I have understood correctly, when sarge releases, the debian amd64
porters will be maintaining (seperately from debian) an amd64 sarge
release, and maintain it until Etch releases.

testing for Etch and unstable will contain amd64 after sarge releases,
but if we don't get any of non-free setup on the porters maintained
unofficial sarge for amd64, then it won't be there for anyone wanting to
run amd64 with sarge (even though it is an unofficial sarge port).

This is not a problem that will go away until Etch releases.  Hence some
people care, although mostly about the missing nvidia drivers.