Re: gcc-3.4/4.0 dumb question

Goswin von Brederlow writes: [cut]
Nothing to be sure to get rid of any interfering package.
You could filter out any arch:all and any non C/c++ package I
guess. But is that worth it? Maybe the compiled python scripts were
created with a miscompiled python and are damaged? Or any other

it's possible, of course, but I didn't notice any problem so far (except when qt were broken, but they were fixed later on)
sideeffect of using gcc-4.0 to build the debs.
The speed of your connection also shouldn't matter as long as you
don't pay by the minute. Just download the stuff overnight(s). Your

of course I pay by the minute, otherwise I wouldn't have sent these mails :(
system is working now or not? So no hurry to switch.

my system is working fine, but I can't install new packages, eg. -dev packages that I need to compile some stuff.

MfG
Goswin
PS: I used to have a 56K modem so I feel for you.

:) c.