Re: gcc-3.4/4.0 dumb question

El mié, 27-04-2005 a las 18:13 +0200, the_nihilant@autistici.org
escribió:
> I didn't understand what I'm supposed to do.
> I've been using gcc-3.4/4.0 sid for a long time on my laptop.
>
> What should I do now ?
> should I wait until the new gcc-4.0 tree is built?
> or should I use the standard "pure64" tree?

If you don't mind the occasional instability and can live without it
(i.e., your laptop is not your production environment), then go ahead
and stay with gcc-4.0 if you like. Otherwise, you are encouraged to
switch to pure64.

> what compiler is pure64 compiled with? 3.3 or 3.4?

Mostly 3.3, which is the standard compiler for sarge/sid. However, a few
important packages that don't work properly with 3.3 are being compiled
with 3.4 (namely, mozilla and derivatives).

Greetings,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802