Re: Laptop recommendations?

My Compaq R3190US works great with pure64.  I'm also using the latest rc
version of ndiswrapper in 64bit mode, and the internal Broadcom chip has
worked fine so far.  My install report is here:

http://cmb.phys.cwru.edu/kisner/linux/compaq-r3000/

the page is a bit out of date.  Specifically:

1. kernels >= 2.6.11 no longer need the Alps touchpad kernel patch (included
with the synaptics driver).

2. the synaptics driver >= 0.13.6 no longer need a patched Makefile for 64bit
compilation.

3. nvidia kernel drivers > 6111 need to have the "NVreg_Mobile=0" module
option specified when loading.

4. the twinview section of my X config no longer work right.

Hopefully I'll update all this soon :-)

-Ted