Re: ASUS A8V Deluxe, SATA disk on the Promise port?

On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 12:32:17PM +0200, Marco Amadori wrote:
> Alle 12:20, sabato 23 aprile 2005, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) ha scritto:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've an AUS A8V Deluxe with 2 SATA disks in software raid1 on the via
> > chipset.
> >
> > I would like to add one disk more and, if possible, a SATA one.
> >
> > Is the Promise port working with linux?
> > I don't need any raid functionnalities.
>
> Yes, I had the same motherboard, wotks with sata_sil. Go to Raid 5 if u can,
> its easy with mdadm.

The second sata is a promise 20378.  I highly doubt it will work with the
sil driver.  I have not found a free driver yet (the ft3xx driver is
supposed to work but appears to be binary only).

Of course if you can find an add in pci sil3112a card that would work.
Seems to be one of the best supported chipsets so far.