Re: a lot of broken packages in apt

Andrei Mikhailovsky a écrit :

Hello debian users,

I am using pure64/sid. For the past week or so I am experiencing
upgrading problems. A lot of packages are not being updated due to
dependency issues. Is there a known problem that hasn't been fixed?

---------

apt-get dist-upgrade Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
 base-files bash cupsomatic-ppd deborphan foomatic-db
foomatic-db-engine foomatic-db-hpijs foomatic-filters
foomatic-filters-ppds gnome
 gnome-desktop-environment gnome-volume-manager hal hal-device-manager
hotplug libplanner1-0 mailx mkrboot mysql-server udev
 openoffice.org-debian-files
 apache2 apache2-common apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils cupsys
cupsys-bsd cupsys-client exim4-base exim4-daemon-light gpm libapr0
 libc6 libc6-dev libcupsimage2 libcupsys2-dev libcupsys2-gnutls10
libgpmg1 libnspr-dev libnspr4 libnss-dev libnss3 libscrollkeeper0
 locales mozilla-browser mozilla-dev mozilla-firefox
mozilla-firefox-gnome-support mozilla-psm nscd pkg-config planner
scrollkeeper
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
 base-files bash
32 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 20 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/52.6MB of archives.
After unpacking 46.8MB disk space will be freed.
You are about to do something potentially harmful
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
?] n
Abort.

-----------

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I don't know any way to fix this, but I have the same issue here. If you don't need exim, just uninstalled it and everything will be fined. If you need exim... Then I don't know.

I have uninstalled it, and am currently running

libc6 2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.pure64

If I want to install exim4, it will upgrade libc6, and base-file depends to

libc6 < 2.3.2.ds1-20.0.0.1.pure64

which causes the trouble.

Hope it may help....

Julien Tailleur