Re: K8N-E Deluxe: No DMA on IDE Disks

2005 m. Balandžio 20 d., Trečiadienis 01:14, Jim Wiggs rašė:
Hi,

>   I've got a box built on the ASUS K8N-E Deluxe motherboard, and I
> absolutely can not get DMA working on my hard drives.
I had the same problem with my ATA DVD-Writer on this board. Adding amd74xx
*before* ide-generic (do not replace ide-generic with amd74xx, you need both)
to /etc/modules helped. However, if you're booting of an IDE disk you may
need to edit /etc/mkinitrd/modules the same way and reinstall debian
kernel(s) (which will regenerate initrd for it(them)).

Cheers,
Modestas