Re: amd64 into mainstream

On 4/17/05, Marco <brbromo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know when amd64 port will be part of the mainstream sid?
> Is there any site with updated status info?

Not that I know of. Currently, the release of Sarge is being prepared,
which keeps everybode busy. Once Sarge is released, the idea is to get
the amd64 port into Sid (going to be renamed to Etch?).

However, for the end user that should not make a big difference. You
will have more mirrors, and you can use the package search for amd64
specific packages.  Otherwise, everything is there already: the
repository, the installers, the documentation... Plus you get the
extra coolness factor of running an "unofficial" architecture. :-)

Thomas