Problem in the /lib/modules/ directory...

Hello.
It has been I while that I have tried to install debian on my amd64
box. The installation seems very good, while 'on the boot cd', my
ethernet connection is reconnized and activated by debian.
But, for the first boot, it isn't reconized anymore.
In fact, the problem lies in the /lib/modules/ directory.
On my box, I also have a Mandrake 10.1 Community for amd64 which works
farelly well, but, I would like to swicht to debian.
Anyways, it has been a month now that i've had this problem. Some
people suggested me to make an other installation of debian, which an
other cd. So, that's what I did yesterday, but I have the exact same
problem...

Here's what I have in my /lib/modules/ directory => "
2.6.8-10-amd64-k8 " (normal).
But when I do a modprobe, here's the output:
"""
3Com:~# modprobe forcedeth
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/2.6.8.1-12.5mdk/modules.dep: No
such file or directory
3Com:~#
"""
So I don't get it... I used the forcedeth because that is what someone
(sorry, forgot your name...) in this mailing list who has the same
motherboard as mine, said that he had to use forcedeth so that his
ethernet connection is reconnized.
I need help beacause i'm impacient to have more then 667 commands
while being root... lol.

Thanks ;)

--
N-0-X, webmaster de http://www.noxistes.org