Re: MySQL wont compile from source on Sarge AMD64 / pure64?

Kurt Roeckx wrote:

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 01:54:26AM -0800, Jeremy Gray wrote:
When I try to compile mysql from source I get the following error during the configure:

checking "LinuxThreads"... "Not found"

Is there something wrong with the mysql version in the archive?

By 'the archive' do you mean by using apt-get @ http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64 ?

ie these packages...

mysql-client-4.1 - mysql database client binaries
mysql-common-4.1 - mysql database common files (e.g. /etc/mysql/my.cnf)
mysql-server-4.1 - mysql database server binaries

So I would just do...

apt-get install mysql-common-4.1
apt-get install mysql-server-4.1
apt-get install client-4.1

Is this stable? Or is it still subject to the bugs listed here:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=8555

Does anyone run the port above on a high traffic AMD64/pure64 mysql database server?