pure64 semi-testing

no.  pure64 and the gcc-3.4 branches are entirely separate (and incompatible).
I would recommend using the pure64 branch.  The gcc-3.4/gcc4 is more like
"experimental".  You should not mix packages from these.

For the pure64:
Am I the only one who would appreciate a system similar to the 32bit Debian, where the unstable packages come into testing state if no complaints after one week, and that's the point where "apt-get upgrade" want to install them into my running system?

I know I'm running unstable (sid) on a production server, but I want to make it a little bit more safe somehow .. Maybe there is some kind of time-version pinning?

Or can somebody help me setting up a mirror where I create a semi-testing distribution holding packages a week before releasing into the one my apt-get looks at?

Or do I have to wait the > half year it will take to release sarge, and when our pure64 may become testing-like?

Best Regards,
Niklas