some issues with Gnome

Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with gnome, and its
librairies I think.
To be honest, I don't really know what can  be wrong
as I can't find any clues in log files so I'll
describe the symptoms:
- gnome-session doesn't start anything. After logging
in I get a blank screen, nothing else.
- some gnome applications are very slow to launch,
e.g. galeon, gedit, etc...
- all my webbrowser based on mozilla freeze from time
to time, and freeze all the time when I try to
download a file.

As I said, I can't find any clues in log files so I
really have no idea of what is happening.

I forgot to say, I'm running deb pure64, with the
latest gnome packages.

Hope you have some suggestions.
Thanks a lot,

Christophe