Simple downgrade steps

I'd appreciate it if someone with a bit more know-how could recap the basic steps and most common problems with downgrading, both from gcc-3.4/4.0 to pure64 sid, as well as from pure64 sid to pure64 sarge.

I managed two sid -> sarge downgrades without too much hassle, but the many instructions in the mailing list history were a bit contradictory.

Perhaps this kind of information could be added to the HOWTO as well?

Also, does anyone have any idea if the maintainer is planning a newer version of DFS with more recent kernels? I tried emailing the developer but so far, without response.

/v\