doom3 sound problem

Hi!

I have doom3 running with ia32-libs. Everything is fine except the it gives the following error and the sound is disabled during the game. What can I do to fix up the problem?
Sound works fine for 64-bit applications.

------ Alsa Sound Initialization -----
ALSA lib confmisc.c:550:(snd_determine_driver) could not open control for card 0ALSA lib conf.c:2672:(snd_config_hooks_call) function snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib pcm.c:1947:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM default definition (id: default, value: cards.pcm.default)
snd_pcm_open SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK 'default' failed: Invalid argument
dlclose
WARNING: sound subsystem disabled

Thanks,
Max