Re: Mount point /dev/.static/dev is not responding

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 02:08 pm, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Damon Chesser <damon@damtek.com> writes:
> > On Monday 21 March 2005 01:24 pm, Javier Kohen wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> udev (0.054-3) unstable; urgency=high
> >>
> >> [..]
> >>   * Use /dev/.static/dev/ instead of /.dev/ to keep the root clean and
> >>     to not leave around devices with possibly insecure permissions.
> >>     This requires raising the versioned dependency on makedev to
> >> 2.3.1-77.
> >>     (Closes: #294968)
> >> [..]
> >>  -- Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>  Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:55:38 +0100
> >>
> >> This doesn't seem to be a Debian AMD64-specific bug. The above change
> >> was introduced last week in the udev package. Maybe you should contact
> >> the xfe author, as it looks like a bug there.
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >
> > Ty, I will try that.
> > --
> > Damon L. Chesser
> > damon@damtek.com
>
> Note that users have no permissions to the mountpoint. While udev
> should hide that entry for various reasons xfe should not fail on it
> either. I suggest finding the problem in xfe before udev hides the
> problem again.
To whom would I report it to?  Xfe upstream, The 64bit port maintainer of xfe,
or the debian maintainer of xfe.  Aslo, if the maintainer, how do you find
out who it is?  This is the first original bug I have found, and thus, I have
no idea how to handle it.

--
Damon L. Chesser
damon@damtek.com