Re: hibernate / ACPI suspend: help needed

Hi

Thanks for the sugestions.

> That's because the swappartition contains the memory image. It's highly
> recommended that you add mkswap to your init scripts, otherwise your risking
> severe filesystem corruption of you suspend, then boot a non-suspend aware
> kernel and then try to resume afterwards. That's because the filesystem is in
> inconsistent state during hibernate, booting and mounting it will modify it,
> but a resumed kernel won't notice that it has been booted and modified in the
> meantime and will thus cause corruption.

Yes I have been very carefull to restore the swap between each new try...
;)

> Try to get rid of the initrd, i.e. compile in everything necessary to get the
> system booting, and it should work.

I'll try that. Do you think the 2.6.8 will be ok? Someone suggested
earlier that I should use 2.6.11. I had some problems when trying to run
with 2.6.10 and would prefer the kernel I know work without any problems
with the rest of the system.

Best regards,
Rurik Wahlin