Re: java blackdown and sun

El dom, 20-03-2005 a las 00:03 +0100, Carsten Prieß escribió:

> > Check the mailing list's archives for a couple recent threads. In my
> > personal experience IBM's Java SDK is much more stable and responsive
> > on AMD64, but I use it for development and it doesn't come with the
> > Java Plug-in.
> For development I prefer Sun-SDK, because SUN sets the standarts and
> some aplications doesn't run on an IBM-SDK. Howevwer IBM really seems to
> be more stable on AMD64.

For the same reason I don't *prefer* IBM's, I have to use it; otherwise
I can't get my job done. Sun's JDK was causing noticeable wear in the
"Start Eclipse" system menu.

Besides, you don't want your application to fail running on IBM's JDK,
do you? ;-)

On the other hand, I only had to make the tiniest workaround in my app
(probably hundred thousands of lines, I never counted) to make it work
with IBM's JDK after I had to switch recently.

Cheers,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802