32bit binaries run on pure64!?

Hi all!

I just installed pure64 on a spare disk for testing.
In order to connect to the net, I got a tar.gz from my provider with
precompiled binaries of dhcpcd, pptp, and pppd and some scripts. It
works very well on sarge (32bit) but surprisingly enough those
binaries also work on pure64!

How come that 32bit binaries run on pure64 without any chroot or the
ia32 libs installed ?

Note: No ia32 libs installed:
# dpkg -l ia32\*
||/ Name                          Version                       Description
pn  ia32-libs                     <none>                        (no
description available)
pn  ia32-libs-dev                 <none>                        (no
description available)
pn  ia32-libs-openoffice.org      <none>                        (no
description available)

Thanks & best regards,
Hannes.