Re: harddisk DMA

*** Regarding harddisk DMA; Uwe <k8user@web.de> adds:

Uwe> i have 2.6.10-9 installed on SIS chipset hardware. the
Uwe> SIS5513 module is loaded, but doesn't work with DMA support for
Uwe> my harddisks.  hdparm -d1 /dev/hda tells me that this operation
Uwe> is not supported:

I had a similar problem with my nForce 3 250G based board.  It turned
out to be due to the ide-generic kernel module being loaded before the
chipset specific driver.  Check your /etc/modules file and see if
ide-generic is being loaded, and if it is, remove it and replace the
line with your SIS5513 module.  I found I had to load my module before
ide-cd.

Per

--
Per Bojsen                                              <per.bojsen@comcast.net>