Re: binutils broken?

Hi,

El jue, 17-03-2005 a las 20:28 -0800, Dustin Nicholas Jenkins escribió:
> I keep getting a Segmentation Fault as well, something big happened
> during the update last night. For me though, it's dpkg that's faulting
> each time regardless. I don't know how to get around it if dpkg is
> failing, none of my packages can be updated/installed without it.

It requires some work on your part, but if you can't wait for a fix,
here are some things you can do:
1) You can either compile a fresh copy without optimizations or with a
different compiler.
2) You can use a dpkg from a rescue disk.
3) You can unpack a previous --working-- version manually (sorry, I
don't know how to do that offhand but it shouldn't be so difficult).
4) You can have someone else compile it for you. If it's statically
linked you'll have more chances that it'll work and, even more, if your
kernel has IA32 emulation enabled, you can use a 32-bit dpkg as well.

I think that's a good number of alternatives.

Good luck,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802