Re: Monitor Out of Range Error with xf86

so i found
http://support.gateway.com/support/manlib/cmponts/Monitors/8506484/06484.htm

which seems sorta craptastic, as i'm not sure if there are several
different rebranded monitors in this series.

try making sure in your XF86Config-4's Monitor Section you have
        VertRefresh     50-160
        HorizSync    30-60

also man XF86Config-4 and consider specifying DefaultDepth and Modes for
that depth in the screen->display subsection

best
patrick