Re: VLC and Mplayer issues

> Evening all,
>
> Is anything being done about the installation of VLC (which currently
> depends on libflac4, which is uninstallable), or has it been lost by the
> way side?
>
> Also, how do I go about getting support for wmv files in Mplayer on
> AMD64? Am I right in thinking I need a chroot and to run Mplayer as
> 32bit? That would be a shame...

You'll probably have to run a 32 bit chrooted mplayer to be able to
play wmv files. If yoy compile mplayer from sources under a 64 bit
environment it will arge that only 32 bit plataforms can make use of
win32 libs (and you need them for playing wmv files). Now that a x64
edition of windows with a 64 bit media player  and 64bit dll's has
been released maybe we'll be able to compile mplayer against them
without the need of a chroot.

Aritz Beraza [Rei]
--
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei]