FTP client GUI that handles AUTH-TLS

I had been looking for a while for an FTP GUI that handles AUTH-TLS without much luck -- KBear doesn't (and nobody is working on it), and while GFTP supposedly does, the Debian version doesn't and I wasn't able to build it.

Kasablanca (http://kasablanca.berlios.de/download.html) builds without problems -- I do this routine:

  1. ./configure
  2. dh_make -s
  3. fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage

Builds beautifully on amd64 and works on an FTP site requiring AUTH-TLS if you set it to passive mode and level 3 encryption. Uploads and downloads work. There is still a debilitating problem: newly uploaded files aren't displayed in the file list. It seems to happen when the date shows an hour rather than a year. Hopefully a minor thing that can be fixed. Aside from that, the program is clean and good-looking. The file management features aren't quite there yet, but it has a good solid feel. pftp of course handles AUTH-TLS with no problems.

Dave