Re: Need help with arch-specific bug

Hi Matthew,

El mié, 16-03-2005 a las 08:08 +1100, Matthew Palmer escribió:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 01:19:29PM +0200, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > The bug only affects the binary compiled with gcc-3.3 using -O1 or greater
> > level of optimizations. gdb yields the following backtrace on at the time
>
> This looks to me (as a total gcc novice) to be a bug in the optimizer for
> amd64, then.  Would you agree?

It seems to be the case and it would be great if you could provide the
gcc team with a standalone piece of code that reproduces the problem.
This bug could also be affecting the newer compilers in unknown ways. I
recently reported a bug we were only seeing with gcc-4.0 and they tagged
it as a regression in all the releases since 3.3 (up to and including
4.1). In the worst case (where it's been fixed in a more recent branch),
it will still help make the pure64 archive more stable.

Although this is the first time I hear about this package (thus I've
never ran it), I can give you a hand with the report if you need.

Thanks,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802