Re: Mysql 4.1.10a + InnoDB crashed without recover

Hello Thomas

On 2005-03-15 Thomas Weyers wrote:
> great update.After update it had token 5 hours for mysql to get it back to
> work ! There is no normal way to downgrade back to 4.0 !!!

This is the wrong list to complain about MySQL :) Please file a bug
report using reportbug if you spotted a problem. (and reply only to
me not to the list if it's not amd64 specific)

Regarding the crash, we know one problem that causes segfaults if
you are using NIS/LDAP in /etc/group. Try 4.1.10a-2 in this case.
Else, please mail me the output that MySQL produced in /var/log/syslog.
(it's called "unstable" for a reason)

Going back from 4.1 to 4.0 is not always possible but may be if you
did not alter your tables too much and have some time.. try using mysqldump.

bye,

-christian- (who maintains MySQL)