Re: lm-sensors and Abit AV8

Niklas Ögren wrote:

Hi!

Anybody running an Abit AV8 motherboard, and got the lm-sensors running?

I cannot see the cpu temperatures, but the voltages are ok. I get -1, so I guess SOMETHING is there..

My BIOS version is 1.7, and there is a 1.8 without anything in the changelog about this.. but if I need to upgrade, I guess I have to find a way to get the stuff on a dos-floppy..

Quoting lm-sensors.nu about Abit uGuru:
"(2004-09-14) Actually a Winbond W83L950D in disguise (despite Abit claiming it is "a new microprocessor designed by the ABIT Engineers") with many Abit-specific additions. A driver was requested by several users but no datasheet is available from Abit, so we cannot help. We do not support undocumented chips."

Lately, fewer and fewer chips seem to work with lm-sensors, in addition to all recent Abit boards, I didn't have any luck with two recent Asus boards either. Can't blame the lm-sensors developers though. What I can't really figure is the reason of the motherboard manufacturers to keep such simple things so secretive.

-Kyuu 'Vekotin' Eturautti