bind mount in 32bit chroot

Hi,

The "bind mount" section in the faq is not clear. I still have things that
I don't understand.

I understand in the chroot environment, at least the following has to be
bind mounted:

/home
/tmp
proc

The faq then goes on:

,-----
| Then mount them:
|
| mount /var/chroot/sid-ia32/home
| mount /var/chroot/sid-ia32/tmp
| mount /var/chroot/sid-ia32/proc
`-----

This is not clear. Should I do it in the chroot environment, or out side
it? If I should do it in the chroot environment, isn't that

"mount /home", etc, much clearer?

Q2, how about devices, Shouldn't /dev be bind mounted?

Q3, to use my devices, e.g., /media/cdrom0, should I use it from
$CHROOT/media/cdrom0 or from chrooted/dev?

/media/cdrom0   $CHROOT/media/cdrom0 none    bind            0       0
/media/cdrom1   $CHROOT/media/cdrom1 none    bind            0       0

Q4: I have various volumes mounted below /lfs:

/dev/sda13 on /lfs/cache11 type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/sda14 on /lfs/cache12 type reiserfs (rw)
/dev/sda15 on /lfs/cache13 type reiserfs (rw)

To access them in 32bit chroot, should I bind-mount only one /lfs, or each
volume individually?

Both "bind mount" and "chroot" are new to me. Please help.

Thanks