Re: Sound stuttering in Doom 3.

> I have Doom 3 installed in /var/chroot/sid-ia32, as
> well as the nvidia-glx and necessary alsa packages.
> Other GL-based games perform terrificly.  Doom 3,
> however, has this annoying clicking sound throughout
> the game.  It beings when the game is launched and
> does not stop until /quit.

Is there any useful output on the console when you run doom?  I had
difficulty even getting sound in the first place (crappy onboard sound
chipset...), but now it works nicely with no chopping.  It might also
be that the game is taking so large a chunk of your system resources
that it's having trouble keeping up with playing the sound.

--
Debianista!