Re: sid-amd64 and Oracle 10

Maciej Jan Broniarz wrote:
Hey

Is it possible to run 64bit Oracle10 on debian-sid-amd64 ? I have Blackdown java installed but oracle installer refuses to start.
Btw. the cx_Oracle python module is somehow strange:
I don't know what Oracle you downloaded to install, but the 64bit version of Oracle 10 ships with a 32bit installer (this includes 32bit 1.4.2 Java). Ultimately, I had to run in my 32bit chroot to install it, and it still failed along the way (I forget why, gave up trying).

So it is possible, but it will take some work.

Adam