Re: RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC20376(FastTrak376) (rev 02)

the owner <editor@postscript.port5.com> writes:

> Goswin wrote:
>
>> I got 2 new SATA drives and pluged them into the onboard Promise
>> PDC20376 (FastTrak 376) and run badblocks on them (both in
>> parallel). The write test completed fine but read&compare locked up my
>> system.
>> I repeated with a read-only test and again it locked up with an DMA
>> timeout.
>> Does anyone have the onboard Promise successfully in use on an Asus
>> K8V board?
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Goswin-
>
> Mine is the PDC20378 aka TX2 with 2SATA+PATA
> controlled by the sata_promise kernel module.
>
> The PDC20376 is probably very similar, maybe 133 vs 150 or
> something trivial.

It is supported by the source as such, it has the PCI id in its
list. The problem is it doesn't seem to work right. I have a TX4 too
which works perfectly.

It seems noone else is using the onboard 20376 so it might not be
surprising that bugs haven't been found.

MfG
        Goswin