netinst Installation Report

The 18 Feb sid-amd64-netinst.iso was used to complete this installation without difficulty.

This is sarge installed using the sid netinst iso. The sid installation was also completed
before sarge using the sid netinst iso and was just as easy and effective.

Everything worked fine both times. The only departure from a normal install would be my use
of my custom kernel to reboot after the CDROM was exected. Niether installation used grub
either so that is unknown. The sk98lin was automatically inserted and networking properly.

The base config tasks were tested and the manual selections and file server selection were
activated and are now working. Aptitude was lauched properly. The packages were installed
and no conflicts were present either for sarge or sid.

After the installation was complete I logged in as root. I then usdated and installed the
rest of the files.

I selected the kernel-source-2.6.10 for sid and the 2.6.8 for sarge. Niether installed the
kernel-package or the libncurses-dev packages needed to make a custom kernel. That should be
mandatory for the amd64. :-)

The netcfg seems to be fixed if I checked at the right time. The monolithic installer uses
the internet more so that is a better test.

editor@postscript.port5.com