Re: fglrx, I should ask...

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 04:51:33 -0700, the owner
<editor@postscript.port5.com> wrote:
>   Jaime Ochoa Malagón wrote:
> >   c) X don't complain to much...
> >
> > Simply the screen go black and the system never go back.
> >
> > I can't figure out what is the problem.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Pure64
> > ASUS A8V deluxe
> > Kernel 2.6.10-9-amd64-k8
> > VideoCard PowerColor 9250 (RADEON 9250)
> > Monitor ViewSonic G90fb
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++
>
> I don't use the fglrx only Xfree86 and Xorg. Does your
> monitor work without the fglrx?

Yeap!

> I have the same system only my Radeon 9250 has the primary
> for the CRT and the secondary for the LCD.

I only have one and seems to be the secundary...
at least to the fgl...

> This looks like the config file doesn't have the secondary:
> (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID
> PCI:1:0:1) found

Yeap!

> I would like to know how the fglrx does on glxgears. My
> Xorg is up to 2130 FPS with my Radeon 9250. Try this:

Idon't know how to test that...

In this moment I succeed to run X with the radeon driver, disabling
all the Modules and then enabling one by one.

The fgl_gears say:
$ fgl_glxgears
Error: couldn't get fbconfig

with the vesa driver say:
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
Error: couldn't get fbconfig

> -------------------------------
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Radeon_Analog_Output"
>         BusID           "PCI:1:0:1"
>         Driver          "ati"
>         Screen          0
>         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
>         Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "on"
>         Option          "AGPFastWrite"          "off"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Radeon_Digital_Output"
>         BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
>         Driver          "ati"
>         Screen          1
>         Option          "AGPMode"               "4"
>         Option          "EnablePageFlip"        "on"
>         Option          "AGPFastWrite"          "off"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Screen"
>         Identifier      "Analog_Screen"
>         Device          "Radeon_Analog_Output"
>         Monitor         "Generic_Monitor"
>         DefaultDepth    24
>         SubSection "Display"

The ati driver say:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(II) ATI:  Candidate "Device" section "Radeon_Analog_Output".
(WW) ATI:  PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:0:0 could not be detected!
(WW) ATI:  PCI/AGP Mach64 in slot 1:0:1 could not be detected!

Thank's for your help.

--
Engañarse por amor es el engaño más terrible;
es una pérdida eterna para la que no hay compensación

							Kierkegaard

							Jaime Ochoa Malagón
							Integrated Technology
							Tel: (55) 52 54 26 10