Re: kernel 2.6.10-9-amd64-k8

Dustin N.Jenkins wrote:

Just on a bit of a side note... If one wants to upgrade the amd64-k8 kernel (i.e. from the default 2.6.8-10 to 2.6.10), would the sources from www.kernel.org suffice, or is there a different place to acquire the amd64-k8 kernel? I much prefer downloading the source and rebuilding myself, but if I need to get it out of APT, then I guess I have to.

I've been using 2.6.9-ac6 from kernel org for the past three months with rock solid stability. The -ac series, maintained by Alan Cox, is focused on adding stability and bugfixes to the vanilla kernel. Linus steadfastly refuses to follow reasonable steps to produce a consistently stable kernel release.

Dave