Re: sid installation to SATA disk

Le 12.02.2005 09:00:29, Toshikazu Aiyama, Ph.D. a écrit :
My PC's basic configuration is as follows:
  CPU: Athlon64 3200+
  M/B: Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
  Memory: 4 x Samsung 512MB
  Video: 2 x Asus EN6600GT
  PATA: hda: Maxtor 6Y160PO
        hdc: Matshita DVD-RAM SW-9573S
        hdd: Yamaha CRW-F1E
  SATA: sda: Seagate ST3160B27AS
        sdb: Seagate ST3160B27AS

When I try to install sid to the following partition:
  sda2   /
  sdb1   swap
lilo installation failed because I have more than 2 windows boot
partition(32-bit and 64-bit).  But I can fix it by chrooting.

But when it reboots for 2nd stage installer, it fails:
  pivot_root: No such file or directory

Sure you didnt forget the initrd somewhere?

  /sbin/init: 431: cannot open dev/console: No such file
  Kernel panic!
It seems the image is not handling the sda1 as a root device.

Strange enough sarge is handling it properly.  Also I do not have any
problems except X windows if my root partition is at hda.

I appreciate developpers effort.

Toshikazu Aiyama

Jean-Luc