RE: Oracle won't cooperate

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 16:48 -0800, Joseph Pelle wrote:
> Did anyone get this (Oracle) working?  Which Oracle download did you use?  I
> tried the linux x86-64, but I can't even get the runInstaller to work.

You have to edit the runInstaller and associated programs before they
will run.  I was unable to get the Java installer to run.

Note to Oracle: Java is not portable if you link in a bunch of 32-bit
JNI garbage.

The only way I was able to get this to work was to install Oracle on a
RedHat system and transplant the installation onto a proper Debian
system.

-jwb