Re: Re: ldd failing on fglrx-installer

Thank you for the replies - I was using the wrong scripts to build the driver, and I also switched over to a pure gcc3.4 environment.
The new scripts helped, but they did fail again during the dh_shlibdeps phase.  The good news is, I have a better understanding of the problem.
Running the command: debian/rules binary XVERSION=4.3.0 PVERSION=8.8.25
resulted in an error during the dh_shlibdeps check on the following file:
This library has a depedency on a 32 bit library, and failed with:
ldd: /lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
The comments in the make file (rules) said that it was included in the AMD64 build because of backward compatibility with 32bit systems (?).
I don't know how this will work on a 64 bit system that doesn't have the ld-linux.so.2 library installed.  I could modify the make file to not include them, but I don't know if this will work or not.
Maybe I'll try the precompiled files from the website, but I don't know which version of gcc was used to create them.
Thanks for your help,
Mark Kennedy
P.S.  I also did a quick check of all the .so libraries and found another one that requires ld-linux.so.2 - usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/fglrx_dri.so.