Re: KDE fonts garbled

Matthias Julius wrote:
seb@frankengul.org writes:

From yesterday, all fonts display are completely garbled.
Konsole seems to print ok, but only first menu is displayed, the others
are blank.
The font selection displays only one font (the bitstream one).

[...]

So, has anyone a clue about what happened to KDE ?

I don't have a clue, but I experience the same problem.

Anyone else?

I don't have problem with fonts, but all widgets in Qt apps are acting strange, they don't redraw correctly. It started on Thursday after I updated a lot of KDE-related packages. Among these was:
libqt3c102-mt 3:3.3.3-7.0.0.1.gcc4 -> 3:3.3.3-8.0.0.1.gcc4
I recompiled this package myself and Qt started working fine.
Unfortunately I don't remember if I compiled it with gcc-3.4 or gcc-4.0.

Michal